Immigration Legal Services

For Businesses, Individuals And Families

Obtaining A Fiancé(e) Visa

A K-1 visa allows a foreign national fiancé(e) of a US citizen to enter the United States. The visa grants the fiancé(e) up to 90 days to get married. The process is lengthy and complicated.

A petition for Alien Fiancé(e) must be filed with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. When the USCIS approves the petition, it transfers it to the National Visa Center, and then to the U.S Consulate located in the fiancée’s home country.

The U.S. Consulate will issue the K-1 visa after an interview with the foreign national and completing processing of the application. After entering the United States and getting married within 90 days of entry, the foreign national fiancé(e) will have to apply for permanent residence in order to be able to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis.

The Law Offices of Elsa Ayoub, P.L.L.C., counsels and advises in all phases of the K-1 process.

Contact The Firm

Contact Elsa Ayoub to schedule an initial consultation – call 800-219-1571. The firm is fluent in French, Spanish, and Arabic.