immigration legal services
for individuals, families and businesses

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Business Immigration
  4.  » Temporary Employment-Based Immigration
Family Based

Helping Immigrants Work In The U.S. On A Temporary Basis

For foreign workers seeking temporary employment in the United States, the immigration process can be difficult to navigate. The same is true for businesses that wish to hire or transfer foreign nationals to their U.S. work sites on a temporary basis.

If you are seeking representation for the preparation and filing of a temporary employment-based petition, Elsa Ayoub can provide you with the expert guidance of an attorney who has solid experience in the preparation of these petitions, and who has navigated this process herself.

U.S. Temporary Work Visas

In order to sponsor a foreign national employee, the employer must first file a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before the prospective employee can apply for a work visa at a U.S. consulate abroad. Some of the most common visas for temporary workers include:

  • H-1B visas for individuals in specialty occupations
  • O-1 visas for individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary ability in their field of endeavor
  • L-1A visas for executive or managers transferred from a foreign affiliate or subsidiary office to a location in the U.S. on a temporary basis
  • L-1B visas for employees with specialized knowledge transferred from a foreign affiliate or subsidiary office to a location in the U.S. on a temporary basis
  • E visas for foreign national treaty traders or investors

Most temporary work visas allow the prospective employee to bring his or her spouse and minor children to the U.S. for the duration of the visa.

A Skilled Immigration Lawyer Representing Employers And Employees

Whether you are an individual seeking to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis or an employer seeking to sponsor a foreign national on a permanent basis, Elsa Ayoub is able guide you through the process.

To arrange your initial consultation, please call The Law Offices of Elsa Ayoub, P.L.L.C., at our New York office at 800-219-1571 or contact us online. Our staff is fluent in French, Spanish, Arabic and English.