The Law Offices of Elsa Ayoub, P.L.L.C.

immigration legal services for individuals, families and businesses

View Our Practice Areas

November 2019 Archives

What to know about determining good moral character

Individuals who are looking to become permanent residents in the United States may need to provide evidence that they have a good moral character. The application process may include a court deposition or another statement given directly to an immigration official. If an individual looking to live in New York or any other state refuses to provide additional evidence, it may influence an immigration official's ruling. However, refusal to give a statement or submit to a court deposition in itself would not disqualify someone from obtaining legal residency.

What kinds of criminal charges could impact immigration cases?

In order for someone to enter the United States through an employment visa program or under a family visa because a loved one already resides in the United States, the person applying has to pass a relatively thorough background check. The government in the United States will continue to perform background checks each time you reapply for an extension to your visa or a change to your status.

How to qualify for the EB-1 visa

Foreign nationals may be granted the opportunity to live and work in New York or another state by obtaining a first-preference visa. To qualify for this type of visa, an individual would need to prove that he or she is a multinational executive or an outstanding researcher. An individual who is seeking this type of visa could also obtain it by having an extraordinary ability such as being an elite artist or athlete.

email us for a response

Ready To Learn More?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location:

Phone Numbers:

230 Park Avenue
3rd Floor West
New York, NY 10169

Toll Free: 800-219-1571
Fax: 212-574-3346
New York Law Office Map